Why do I need a CCTV system
Installing CCTV is the most effective and cost-efficient way of protecting your home, family, business and your staff from theft or violence.
And yes, even though Shrewsbury and Shropshire as a whole have relatively low break-in rates versus the rest of the UK, demand for CCTV installation is growing.
Anti-social behaviour is on the rise. So installing a CCTV system becomes an extra level of protection, a pair of ever-watching eyes.
CCTV not only acts a visible deterrent but it’s an ideal way to monitor all areas of your home. Information captured by your CCTV system is used to back you up by providing the police with evidence.
What benefits does a CCTV camera
CCTV systems go well beyond a standard video camera camera setup, here’s how:
- We install CCTV systems with integrated motion detection. Meaning the camera is only engaged when motion is detected
- Infrared lighting allows CCTV systems to light up an area without anyone ever noticing. These cameras have an ambient light sensor that switches the infrared light on when daylight fades.
- Real-time alerting is a cost effective feature in modern CCTV systems. Push notifications are sent to the owner if an event is triggered and video is access via a smartphone or tablet.
- Cloud storage removes the need for periodically backing up or changing media. Instead authorised users can access recorded footage over any network.
- Gone are the days where WiFi was unreliable. These days wireless CCTV systems are just as reliable as wired systems, ideal for areas where trailing cables is not viable.
- Unlike a standard camera or intercom system, combining video and audio into one unit helps make it easy to identify accidental trespassing in restricted areas.
- Number plate recognition is quite an advanced feature. Not only does it simplify parking access needs but enables datalogging and optimisation of space/road usage.
What to look for in a CCTV system
Installing a home CCTV system is a great way to give you peace of mind when you’re not home. For a business owner, a CCTV system protects both your employees and your assets 24/7. Although there are many options to consider when choosing the best CCTV system for your needs, here’s what we think you should be considering:
You need to know where your equipment is going and how exposed it will be to the elements. Outside CCTV needs to be IP64 or above to protect from moisture and dust, IP66 would be more suitable from extreme weather. If you’re installing a CCTV camera system inside of a factory then IP64 or IP65 would be most suitable.
Some commercial CCTV systems are designed to cover a whole building. For home systems or small businesses, our experienced CCTV systems experts will help identify the best solution on a budget, be that 360 cameras to cover a wider surface area or just key access points.
Poor CCTV resolution can make it difficult for police to identify and prosecute, depending on the distance and lighting conditions we can advise you on the most cost-effective CCTV system installation for the job
Although a CCTV system can act as a deterrent all on its own, we believe a high quality CCTV installation covers all the areas, especially when it comes to playback. These days cameras can be connected over a network and record directly to cloud storage, but if you prefer we can record onto physical media at your premises.
Shrewsbury Electricians we offer a wide range of support for our domestic and commercial clients in Shrewsbury and Shropshire:
Fuse board and consumer unit upgrades
Wiring, re-wiring and extension wiring in old and new buildings
Electric underfloor heating and air conditioning
Electric showers, boiler wiring and storage heaters
The team carried out various electrical works at our property all to high standard. We will be definitely using Shrewsbury Electricians again.
Shrewsbury Electricians carried out a test and inspection at my rental property, they arrived on time and were very friendly. I received the certificate the following day.
Very pleased with the job. All completed to a high standard. Professional workmen, both reliable and friendly. I would highly recommend Shrewsbury Electricians.
How to choose the right electrician to fit your CCTV camera
We’re usually able to make all callouts in a timely manner but Shropshire is a big county. On the rare occasion we turn a job down we’ll often get asked if we know an expert CCTV installer, we’ve included our standards and what to look out for below.